CASTILE, N.Y. — The Keuka College Cross Country teams ran in the Mike Woods Invitational on Saturday. The meet was hosted by SUNY Cobleskill at Letchworth State Park.
The Men's team for Keuka College finished in 23rd place while the Women's side placed 18th.
Men's Race – 8K
Lead Wolf: Logan Holthouse led the Green and Gold on Saturday, finishing the course in 31:28.5. Holthouse finished in 222nd place, best in the past eight seasons a Keuka College runner at the Mike Woods Invitational.
Rest of the Pack: 266. Braxton Knapp – 33:42.7
294. Zachary Abbott – 38:34.5
300. Nicholas Grinnell – 39:58.4
303. Daniel Barry – 41:38.8
dnf. Preston Hilfiker
Women's Race – 6K
Lead Wolf: Freshman Brianna Guererri was the top finisher for Keuka College for the first time in her career. She set a new career-best 6K time by one tenth of a second, placing 180th with a time of 28:34.6.
Rest of the Pack: 188. Paige Raulli – 28:54.3
190. Aubrey O'Conner – 28:58.3
198. Emily Kuhn – 29:35.7
199. Bethany Pendl – 29:41.3
200. Bayli Fugle – 29:43.3
207. Colleen Ulrich – 30:11.5
208. Kaitlin Snipas – 30:20.3
217. Lauren Tyler – 31:16.7
224. Genevieve Giarrusso – 32:49.9
225. Maddie Hogue – 33:06.1
236. Cara Buffaloe – 35:35.2
dnf. Sophia Sheldon
- Saturday was the first completed 8k race in the career of freshman Nicholas Grinnell
- 18th place finish by the Women's team is the best for Keuka College in the Mike Woods Invitational since the 2012 season
- Kaitlin Snipas shaved 55 seconds off her career-best 6K time on Saturday
- Brianna Guererri topped the previous best by a Wolf by finishing 180th. Madison Kolakowski previously finished 181st in 2016
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will run in the Hamilton College Invitational next Saturday.