CAZENOVIA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Cross Country teams traveled to North Eastern Athletic Conference foe Cazenovia College to run in their Homecoming Invitational on Saturday morning.
The Keuka College Women's team had a strong showing, placing third out of the seven teams in the meet. Despite a strong run by Logan Holthouse on the men's side, Keuka College finished in tenth place out of 11 teams.
Women's Race – 5K
Lead Wolf: Freshman Kaylie DeSorbo continued her strong rookie season for the Wolves. She set a new collegiate-best 5K time of 23:20.4, finishing in 17th place on Saturday
Rest of the Pack: 23. Sophia Sheldon – 23:54.4
26. Paige Raulli – 24:12.1
27. Bayli Fugle – 24:14.6
32. Lauren Tyler – 24:28.8
35. Aubrey O'Connor – 24:36.8
43. Bethany Pendl – 25:08.2
50. Maddie Hogue – 25:56.6
53. Genevieve Giarrusso – 26:10.7
54. Nicole Prindle – 26:14.1
63. Rebekah Herman – 28:52.3
65. Cara Buffaloe – 29:34.9
Men's Race – 8K
Lead Wolf: Freshman Logan Holthouse had a strong run for Keuka College, finishing third in the race while setting a new program record for the Cazenovia College course, dating back to the 2012 season. Holthouse ran the 8K course in 30:12.6, finishing 11 seconds better than the previous best by a Keuka College runner at Cazenovia.
Rest of the Pack: 61. Colin Marchincin – 35:14.6
63. Mack Ottens – 35:25.8
77. Michael Guller – 38:13.6
82. Joshua Kenna – 39:25.6
84. Daniel Barry – 39:52.6
91. Jake Hickey – 41:23.4
101. Daniel Lazzaro – 49:26.7
DQ. Lachlan McIntosh
- It was the fifth time since 2012 that Keuka College has run in the Cazenovia Homecoming Invitational
- The Women's team tied the 2013 side with a third place finish, the best result for the Wolves in the Invitational
- Along with DeSorbo, Buffaloe, Fugle, Giarrusso, Hogue, Pendl, Prindle, Raulli, and Tyler all set new collegiate-bests in the 5K
- On the men's side, Daniel Barry, Jake Hickey, and Joshua Kenna all set new personal-bests in the 8K
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will run in the Meghan Memorial next weekend, hosted by Hilbert College.