READING, Pa. — The Keuka College Women's Soccer team lost to Penn St.-Harrisburg 1-0 in the semi-finals of the North Eastern Athletic Conference Tournament at Penn St.-Berks.
Jessica Pegg made 10 saves in the game for Keuka College (13-5).
#3 Penn St.-Harrisburg 1 vs. #2 Keuka College 0 – NEAC Semi-Finals
Both teams had attempts on goal early in the conference semi-final but the efforts on either end were saved. In the 18th minute, Penn St.-Harrisburg took advantage of a corner kick. The Nittany Lions headed the offering inside the right post for the 1-0 advantage. The Green and Gold responded but all of their shots were turned away as Harrisburg led 1-0 at the half.
The game opened up in the second half with both teams getting quality attempts on goal. In total, Harrisburg had 10 shots in the second half and Keuka had six. In the final run of the game, the Nittany Lions held the Wolves off the board by continuing to push on the Keuka College goal. Vera Freda tested the Harrisburg keeper with 6:57 left in the game, but it was saved. That would be the final shot of the game for the Wolves. Pegg would get called upon for two more saves and another shot went off the post in the final minutes. Freda's shot would be the last of the game for the Wolves as Harrisburg held on, defeating Keuka College 1-0 on Saturday.
- Keuka College finished the 2019 season with 13 wins, tying the program record
- The Wolves are now 4-6-1 all-time against Penn St.-Harrisburg and 1-3 against the Nittany Lions in the NEAC Tournament
- Overall, Keuka is now 17-13-3 in the NEAC Tournament and 9-4 in the conference semi-finals
- Harrisburg had a 14-10 advantage in shots and 6-2 edge in corner kicks
- Vera Freda led the Wolves with four shots in the game, three on goal