WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. — Keuka College freshman Cassidy Walsh scored two goals as Keuka College defeated Penn College 4-1 on Saturday afternoon in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game.
Keuka College 4 at Penn College 1
Penn College tested Pegg in the opening minute, but the sophomore stood tall for the save. The Wolves would take the early lead as Fallon Morris fed Cassidy Walsh for the goal in the seventh minute. Midway through the half, the Wolves had an opportunity to double their lead as Keuka College was awarded a penalty kick. Julia Oglesby picked the top right corner as Keuka led 2-0. Three minutes before halftime, the hosts pulled one back as Penn College scored on a break. The Wolves would remain ahead 2-1 at the half.
Keuka College regained their two-goal margin in the 59th minute. Julia Oglesby sent a cross into the box and Cassidy Walsh finished it to make it 3-1. The Wolves continued to press as Keuka outshot Penn 10-1 in the second and had three corner kicks. The Green and Gold took advantage of their final corner kick as Emily McGuigan sent the kick in and found Grace Wolf for the goal. The Wolves would see the game out, defeating the Wildcats 4-1.
- Keuka College draws level all-time with Penn College. The seven-game series is now tied 3-3-1
- It was the second straight win for Keuka against the Wildcats
- 13 wins for the Wolves ties the program record for most wins in a season
- Oglesby scored from the penalty spot for the second time in her career
- Jessica Pegg tied her career-high from last season with 13 wins. She also moved into a tie for second on the career list with 26
Up Next for Keuka College: Keuka College finished second in the North Eastern Athletic Conference, earning a bye to the semi-finals. The Wolves will return to action next Saturday against an opponent to be determined. The NEAC Soccer Final Four will be hosted by Penn St.-Berks.