CAZENOVIA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Soccer team defeated Cazenovia College 2-0 on Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game at Cazenovia College.
Keuka College 2 at Cazenovia College 0
Cazenovia College had an early attempt as the Wildcats were given a corner kick 68 seconds into the contest, but were unable to generate a shot. The Wolves pulled ahead in the ninth minute as Julia Oglesby found the back of the net with an unassisted goal. Both teams had chances in the ensuing minutes, but neither team scored as the Pegg made a pair of saves for Keuka during that time. In the 35th minute, Keuka College took advantage of a corner kick. Morgan Fuller found Vera Freda for the goal and 2-0 lead. Keuka carried that lead into halftime.
Keuka College controlled possession in the second half. The Wolves did not allow any scoring changes to the Wildcats because Keuka College did not allow a shot by Cazenovia in the half. Keuka outshot Cazenovia 9-0 in the second to usher the game to the end with the 2-0 victory.
- Keuka College improved to 26-1-2 all-time against Cazenovia College. The Wolves have won six straight and are unbeaten in nine consecutive games against the Wildcats
- It is the most games played and most victories for Keuka College against any single team in program history
- The Wolves are unbeaten in 18 straight North Eastern Athletic Conference games
- Keuka had a 21-5 advantage in shots on Saturday
- Jessica Pegg earned her 19th career victory on Saturday, tying Kenna Kosinski for fifth on the career wins list at Keuka College
- Both Pegg and Julia Oglesby were honored by the North Eastern Athletic Conference last week, being named the Conference Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will step out of North Eastern Athletic Conference play to host future Empire 8 opponent Alfred University on Wednesday night under the lights at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.