KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Keuka College Women's Soccer teams lost on Wednesday night at the Jephson Community Athletic Center to visiting Penn College by the score of 2-1.
Penn College 2 at Keuka College 1
Keuka College struck first on Wednesday night, scoring in the 6th minute. Jessie Hammers crossed it to Emily McGuigan who let a shot go into the back of the net for the 1-0 lead. The Wildcats attempted to tie it in the 19th minute as they dribbled in on Kenna Kosinski. Kosinski challenged the shot well and made a diving save to preserve the lead for the Wolves. Keuka College carried the 1-0 lead into the halftime break.
In the second half, Penn College took advantage of their chances. In the 53rd minute, the Wildcats tied the game at 1-1. Minutes later, they had a free kick attempt that pass through a crowd in front of the net and into the goal to give Penn College a 2-1 lead. It would be the only two shots Penn College had in the half. The Wildcats pulled players back and held defensively for the final 30 minutes to defeat Keuka College on Wednesday.
- Wednesday was Penn College's third win in four meetings with Keuka College
- The Wildcats have won two straight against the Wolves
- Keuka College had a 14-5 advantage in shots on Wednesday
- The goal in the 53rd minute was the first goal Keuka College has allowed in North Eastern Athletic Conference play this season.
- That goal also snapped the Wolves shutout streak at 544:38. It was the first goal Keuka College has allowed in over a month
- Emily McGuigan's goal was the 30th of her career. She is one shy to tying Donna Maltagliati '05 and Alyssa Hermenet '11 for 9th in school history
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves face a tough road test this weekend. They will play at Gallaudet University on Saturday and at Penn St.-Berks on Sunday. Gallaudet features the top two goal scorers in the NEAC and Penn St.-Berks is the four-time defending conference champions.