KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Keuka College Women's Soccer teams scored all four goals in the second half as the Wolves defeated Penn St.-Abington 4-0 on Saturday afternoon.
Keuka College 4 vs. Penn St.-Abington 0
The game opened up with a slow pace as both teams battled for possession in the half. Overall, Keuka College had a 9-1 advantage in shots, but was unable to break through as the game went to halftime tied 0-0.
Keuka College broke the scoreless tie in the 70th minute as Danielle DeSimone found Emily McGuigan at the top of the box. McGuigan let a high shot go that went over the goalie and into the net, making it 1-0 Keuka. 2:09 after that, McGuigan set up Kelsey Maurer for a goal as the Wolves doubled up their lead. The momentum was on Keuka College's side as the tandem of DeSimone and McGuigan struck again as Emily McGuigan scored her second of the game in the 74th minute. Caitlyn Lloyd capped the scoring with a goal in the final minute as Keuka College defeated Penn St.-Abington 4-0 on Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game.
- The Wolves are now 5-4-1 all-time against Penn St.-Abington in the 10 meetings between the two schools
- Keuka College snapped a four-match unbeaten streak against the Nittany Lions
- The Wolves have not conceded a goal in the last 402:26
- Saturday was the second multi-goal game of the season for Emily McGuigan
- Keuka College has out-scored opponents 18-0 in their four North Eastern Athletic Conference games this season
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves finish the weekend with a conference game against the College of St. Elizabeth on Sunday at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex. The Wolves are 8-0 all-time against the Eagles.