CAZENOVIA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Lacrosse team defeated Cazenovia College on Sunday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game hosted by Cazenovia.
Keuka College 24 at Cazenovia College 6
The Wolves won the opening draw and raced down field. Vanessa Tsarevich set up Kendall Neuberger for the goal 14 seconds into the game. Keuka College would go on to score the first 14 goals of the game over a 17-minute span. Cazenovia outscored Keuka College 3-2 over the final 10 minutes of the first, but the Wolves led 16-3 at the half.
Out of the break, Keuka scored three goals over the first 10 minutes of the half with Voigt getting on and Neuberger netting a pair. The Wildcats scored two, but the Wolves answered with a pair of their own. Over the final 10 minutes of the game, the Wolves outscored the Wildcats 3-1 on their way to the 24-6 victory.
- The Wolves improve to 15-5 all-time against Cazenovia College
- Sunday was the most goals scored and largest win ever for Keuka College against Cazenovia
- Keuka College now has 10 wins for the eighth time in the 15-year history of the program
- Brenna Voigt set a new career-high in goals, tying the record set by Kendall Neuberger earlier this season
- Voigt, a sophomore, now has 95 career goals, moving into the top ten in the Keuka College record books
- Vanessa Tsarevich finished with three goals and three assists
- Also with a hat trick for Keuka College was Madelaine Taylor with three goals and an assist
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return home next weekend as Keuka College hosts D'Youville College in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game at the Jephson Community Athletic Center on Saturday. Keuka is 2-0 all-time against D'Youville and defeated the Spartans 15-2 last season.