KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball team ended the 2018-19 regular season in strong fashion with a 76-32 victory over Morrisville State on Saturday afternoon.
Keuka College 76 vs. Morrisville State 32
After Morrisville State scored the first basket of the game Keuka College scored six straight for a lead they would never surrender. The Green and Gold pulled away, shooting 60% in the first quarter and led 20-9 after one.
Once again, the Mustangs on the first basket of the quarter, but the Wolves went on an 11-0 run to widen the margin. The Wolves would lead by as many as 26 and carried a 42-16 lead into halftime.
The Green and Gold continued to shoot well from the floor. The Wolves went 58.3% in the third and knocked down a pair of threes. The Wolves outscored the Mustangs 22-6 in the third. Keuka College would continue onto the 76-32 victory.
- Keuka College improves to 15-7 all-time against Morrisville State, extending their winning streak over the Mustangs to five games
- Saturday was the fewest points Keuka has ever allowed to Morrisville. It was the largest margin of victory for the Wolves over the Mustangs in the 22-game series
- The Wolves finished the game shooting 51.7% from the floor, tying for third best in a game in program history
- Sam Laranjo had nine assists for the Wolves
- Arianna DeNault added six assists while setting a new personal-best for assists in a season
Up Next for Keuka College: Keuka College will now wait for the official seedings and schedule for the 2019 North Eastern Athletic Conference Women's Basketball Tournament. The tournament field and schedule will be released by the Conference later this weekend.