KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Women's Basketball allowed just 36 points and 24% shooting by SUNY Cobleskill to defeat the Fighting Tigers 49-36 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game on Wednesday night.
Keuka College 49 vs. SUNY Cobleskill 36
The Fighting Tigers made a pair of layups to take a 4-3 lead two minutes into the game on Wednesday night, but the Wolves had an answer. Keuka College allowed just one point the rest of the quarter while scoring 14. It was a balanced attack for the Wolves as six different players made a field goal in the opening 10 minutes. Keuka led 17-5 after the first quarter.
After Keuka College pushed their lead to 15 points midway through the second, SUNY Cobleskill went on a 7-0 run to cut into the margin. The Wolves pushed the lead back to double-digits late, but SUNY Cobleskill knocked down a three at the buzzer. At the half, Keuka's lead was nine at 27-18.
Both teams struggled shooting less than 30% from the floor in the third. The two teams each scored eight points in the frame as the Wolves carried a 35-26 lead into the fourth quarter.
The defense continued to be strong for Keuka College. The Wolves shutout the Fighting Tigers for nearly five minutes before allowing the first point. The first field goal for SUNY Cobleskill would not be until 3:30 left in the game. Overall, the Wolves held the Fighting Tigers to 18% from the floor in the fourth on their way to the 49-36 conference victory.
- The Wolves remain a perfect 12-0 on their home floor against SUNY Cobleskill. Overall, Keuka has won five straight and are 18-5 all-time against the Fighting Tigers
- The 36 points allowed tied the lowest Keuka has ever allowed against SUNY Cobleskill
- The Wolves had 10 steals on Wednesday, five by junior guard Sam Laranjo
- Laranjo also surpassed the 100 assist mark for the season
- Jariah Johnson had a pair of blocks in the game to move to seventh on the career blocks list at Keuka College
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves remain at home this weekend with a pair of teams from the North Eastern Athletic Conference's South Division. The Green and Gold will open the weekend against South Division leading Gallaudet University. Keuka College will then welcome Lancaster Bible College to the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center on Sunday.