KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Softball team defeated Cazenovia College 8-0 in six innings in the first round of the 2018 North Eastern Athletic Conference Tournament on Thursday at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College (18-7) advances to the final four of the championship. The double-elimination tournament will start on Friday morning on the campus of Penn St.-Berks in Reading, Pa.
Janessa Vaadi had a pair of doubles in the game for Keuka College. Shannon Johnson had a two-run double for the Green and Gold. Danielle Hankinson delivered the walkoff triple in the sixth inning, the first hit of her career.
Keuka College 8 vs. Cazenovia College 0 – 6 innings – NEAC First Round
After a scoreless first, Keuka College got on the board with a steal of home and a safety squeeze in the second inning. The Green and Gold added to their lead in the third on an RBI double by Katelyn Warren.
In the sixth inning, Danielle Bosch singled up the middle to make it a 7-0 game. Bosch then came home on the triple by Hankinson as the Wolves defeated the Wildcats 8-0 in eight innings.
- The Wolves improve to 35-23 all-time against the Wildcats
- Keuka College earned their second postseason win against Cazenovia. The Wildcats still have a 6-2 advantage in the NEAC Tournament
- It was the first postseason meeting between Keuka College and Cazenovia College since 2011
- The Wolves are 39-19 all-time in the NEAC Tournament
- Katelyn Warren hit the 24th double of her career, tying her for fifth on the career list at Keuka
- Colleen Mooney threw four shutout innings for Keuka College. She earned the 27th win of her career, tying her with Allison Richter '11 and Keuka College Hall of Famer Marianne Wallace '07 for fourth on the career wins list
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves advance in the North Eastern Athletic Conference Tournament. Keuka College will play on Friday at Penn St.-Berks. The final seedings and pairings for the tournament is still to be announced by the conference.