GETTYSBURG, Pa. — The Keuka College Cross Country teams had their final race before the conference championship, competing in the Gettysburg College Invitational on Saturday.
In one of the largest fields of the year and a mix of Division II and Division III schools, the Women's Cross Country team placed 16th out of 26 teams. The Keuka College Men's team finished 25th out of 28 teams on Saturday.
Women's Race – 6k
Lead Wolf: Leading Keuka College on Saturday was Aubrey O'Connor. She posted a time of 27:25.1 to place 137th in the race, setting a new personal-best in the 6K.
Rest of the Pack: 142. Kaylie DeSorbo – 27:36.1
152. Paige Raulli – 28:08.6
160. Emily Kuhn – 28:29.6
163. Bayli Fugle – 28:33.5
168. Brianna Guererri – 28:40.3
178. Bethany Pendl – 29:05.2
184. Colleen Ulrich – 29:27.8
200. Kaitlin Snipas – 30:13.5
202. Lauren Tyler – 30:34.6
222. Hope Van Duyne – 31:41.2
235. Genevieve Giarrusso – 33:22.0
Men's Race – 8k
Lead Wolf: Logan Holthouse continued to lead the Wolves this season. The sophomore ran the 8K course in 29:08.6, placing 104th in the 236 runner field.
Rest of the Pack: 179. Braxton Knapp – 32:13.5
222. Zachary Abbott – 37:05.5
224. Daniel Barry – 38:58.1
225. Nicholas Grinnell – 38:58.4
227. Preston Hilfiker – 40:16.4
233. Christopher Loucks – 45:54.8
- Saturday was the first time that Keuka College has competed at the Gettysburg Invitational
- Keuka was one of five schools from the North Eastern Athletic Conference to run on in the race. The Women's team was the top finisher amongst NEAC schools on Saturday, edging out Penn St.-Berks by one point
- Along with O'Conner, Kaitlin Snipas and Hope Van Duyne each took seconds off their previous personal-best
- Nicholas Grinnell set a new personal-record in the 8K, taking exactly one minute off his previous fastest time
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves now have two weeks to prepare for the 2019 North Eastern Athletic Conference Championships. The conference meet will be hosted this year by SUNY Cobleskill.