MARCY, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Volleyball team had their second-longest win streak in program history snapped on Wednesday as they lost at SUNY Poly in straight sets in a North Eastern Athletic Conference match.
SUNY Poly 3 vs. Keuka College 0 – 25-14, 25-22, 27-25
The Wildcats got out to a fast 9-2 lead over the Wolves in the first set. The lead would be pushed to double-digits late in the set as SUNY Poly won the opener 25-14.
Keuka College took a 3-0 advantage in the second set, but SUNY Poly later answered with five straight points to regain the lead 12-8. The Green and Gold made a late run, cutting the SUNY Poly lead to one point multiple times, but the Wildcats pulled it out in the end 25-22 to take a 2-0 lead in the match.
The third set would go down to the end. The frame would be tied 19-19, 20-20, 21-21, 22-22, 23-23, and 24-24. Keuka College got a kill by Christian Nickerson to give the Wolves a 25-24 lead and the ball to serve to extend the match. A Keuka College attack error, however, tied the match back at 25-25. On the next two points, the Wolves committed two more errors as SUNY Poly won the third set 27-25, sweeping the match.
- Keuka College falls to 2-15 all-time against SUNY Poly
- It was the seventh time in the series that that Wildcats swept the Wolves
- Brad McKnight had five kills in the match as he surpassed 100 for his freshman season
- With his 10 kills, Gavin Record tied his season total from last year
- Seth Welker had nine digs for the Wolves. Welker was honored on Tuesday as the North Eastern Athletic Conference's Men's Volleyball Defensive Player of the Week
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves remain on the road this weekend with a pair of matches in Buffalo, N.Y. Keuka College will first face D'Youville College on Saturday. The Wolves will then face the Mavericks of Medaille College on Sunday morning.