KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Soccer team defeated Penn St.-Berks by the score of 6-1 on Sunday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference match at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College 6 vs. Penn St.-Berks 1
Keuka College controlled the play early and pulled ahead in the 12th minute as Abdikarim Maalo found the back of the net for his fourth of the season. The Wolves doubled the lead seven minutes later as Maalo set up Jared Burns for the goal. Keuka moved the lead to three on a goal by Chris Millard, but the Nittany Lions would respond with a goal. Keuka led 3-1 at the half.
Abdikarim Maalo kicked off the scoring in the second half with a goal to re-establish the three-goal lead. Damian Rutan assisted on the Maalo goal, his second of the game. Maalo earned his second assist in the 63rd minute, setting up Samba Doukhansy for the goal, and Dominic Chiarella capped the scoring as Keuka defeated Berks 6-1 on Sunday.
- Keuka College avenged their first ever loss to Penn St.-Berks last season. The Wolves lead the all-time series 16-1-1
- The 16 wins for Keuka College over Penn St.-Berks is the third most against any one school in program history
- The Wolves earned their 10th win of the season. It is the 12th time in the 28-season history of Keuka College Men's Soccer that they have reached double-digit wins
- Chris Millard recorded the 10th goal of his career
- It was a career-high in assists and total points for Abdikarim Maalo
- Damian Rutan set a new career-best with two assists in the win
Up Next for Keuka College: Keuka College will face Cazenovia College next Saturday in their regular season finale. The North Eastern Athletic Conference match will kickoff from the Jephson Community Athletic Complex at 3pm.