WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Keuka College Men's Soccer team defeated Gallaudet University 5-1 on Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference game in our nation's capital.
Joshua Card scored a pair of goals for Keuka College (5-6-1, 4-2-1 NEAC). Also scoring for the Wolves was Humberto Flores, Rohel Duncan, and Sean Pasono. Ryan Mavretish made nine saves in goal, including stopping a Bison penalty kick.
Keuka College 5 at Gallaudet University 1
The Wolves controlled possession early on Saturday and built their offense in the opening minutes. In the 11th minute, the Wolves were fouled in the box and awarded a penalty kick. Freshman Joshua Card stepped to the spot and buried the shot for the 1-0 lead. Keuka continued to pressure the Bison. Jared Burns set up Humberto Flores for the goal in the 23rd minute, doubling the lead. Minutes later, Card scored his second of the game as Keuka College led 3-0 at the half.
Keuka College added to their lead minutes into the second half. Card earned his fifth point of the game as he set up Rohel Duncan for the goal. The Green and Gold capped their scoring in the 59th minute with a goal by Sean Pasono. Gallaudet got one back in the 76th minute. They had another attempt in the 88th minute, but goalkeeper Ryan Mavretish stopped the Gallaudet penalty kick as the Wolves defeated the Bison 5-1.
- Keuka College is a perfect 6-0 in their games against Gallaudet. Keuka College has outscored the Bison 29-5 in those games
- The two goals and five total points by Joshua Card both set new career-highs for the freshman
- It was Rohel Duncan's third goal of the season, tying his career-high
- Keuka College is averaging 3.57 goals per game and allowing 1.14 goals per game in their seven conference games this season
- Ryan Mavretish set a new career-high with nine saves
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves remain on their southern trip on Sunday. Keuka College will face Penn St.-Berks on Sunday afternoon. The Wolves defeated Berks 1-0 last season and are 15-0-1 all-time against the Nittany Lions.