KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – The Keuka College and Penn College played to a scoreless draw on Wednesday at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division matchup.
Ryan Mavretish made seven saves in goal for Keuka College (4-6-1, 3-2 NEAC).
Keuka College 0 vs. Penn College 0 – 2 overtimes
Keuka College pressured the Wildcats from the beginning and had some quality scoring chances. In the 17th minute, Christian Cupello let a shot go that ripped off the middle of the crossbar. Later in the half, Rohel Duncan let an attempt go from distance bound for the far post, but was saved by the Wildcats keeper.
The Green and Gold had other chances in the game. Jared Burns got in behind the back line and in on goal. The goalie for Penn College charged Burns and stopped the attempt to keep the game scoreless. The Wolves outshot Penn College 27-11 in regulation, but the game went to overtime after 90 minutes without a goal.
In extra time, Joshua Card had an attempt in the 101st minute. His shot got past the keeper, but was cleared off the line by a Penn College defender. The game would go final after 110 minutes as a scoreless draw.
- Keuka College has never lost to Penn College. The Wolves are 2-0-2 in the four meetings
- It was the third overtime game of the season for Keuka College. The Wolves are 0-1-2 in those matches
- Keuka College has played the full 110 minutes in back to back games
- Ryan Mavretish has not allowed a goal in his two conference starts this season
- 30 shots by Keuka College is the second most this season
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves travel south this weekend to take on a pair of teams from the South Division of the North Eastern Athletic Conference. Keuka College will play at Gallaudet University on Saturday, and then faceoff with Penn St.-Berks on Sunday.