KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Lacrosse took a 7-0 first quarter lead and continued onto a 21-6 victory over La Roche University on Saturday at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College 21 vs. La Roche University 6
The Green and Gold got on the board early as Chris Bellanca scored a minute into the contest. The Wolves would add to their lead as Michael Bellanca and Kasey Galline each scored within a minute as the Wolves led 3-0 with 11 minutes left in the first. In total, Keuka outshot La Roche 16-4 in the first and led 7-0.
The Wolves continued to find the back of the net. Goals by Seth Spurgeon and Andrew Peterman started a five-goal run in the second quarter as Keuka extended their lead to 12-0. The Redhawks got on the board with 3:48 left in the half, but Keuka closed with a goal by Connor Cupp as the Wolves led 13-1 at the half.
Keuka College was on the man up and held possession to close the first. The Wolves started with the ball and took advantage as Cupp set up Chris Bellanca for the man-up goal. The Redhawks won the ensuing faceoff and scored 10 second following the Keuka tally. La Roche scored four goals in the frame, but the Wolves finished with five. Brandon MacDonell closed the scoring for Keuka on the man-down as Harold Pallone set him up for the short-handed tally. Keuka led 18-5 after three.
- Saturday was the first ever lacrosse game between Keuka College and La Roche University
- The Wolves have now won their last seven home openers
- Keuka College had 64 shots in the game, tying their season-opening performance for third-most in a game in program history
- Connor Cupp set a new career-high with five assists in the game
- Izael Molina accounted for nine of Keuka's 13 faceoff wins on Saturday
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will remain at home next Saturday with a tough test against the College at Brockport. The Golden Eagles have won the last five against the Wolves. Faceoff from the Jephson Community Athletic Complex is set for 1pm.