KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Lacrosse team defeated the SUNY Cobleskill Fighting Tigers 15-6 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference contest at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex on Saturday afternoon.
Keuka College 15 vs. SUNY Cobleskill 6
The Green and Gold took the early lead as Chris Bellanca found the back of the net 58 seconds into the game for Keuka. The Wolves doubled their lead as Seth Spurgeon set up Connor Cupp for the tally. SUNY Cobleskill got on the board midway through the first, but Keuka added a goal as they led 3-1 going into the final minute. Bellanca scored his third of the game with 52 seconds left. Then in the dying seconds, March Carney collected a groundball off a save by Nikoli Biljanoski and raced down the field. The senior found Cupp in front of goal and Cupp scored with .4 seconds left to give the Wolves a 5-1 after the first quarter.
Keuka College added to their lead with a pair of goals in the second quarter and led 7-1 at the half.
Keuka College pushed their goal run to seven with a pair of man-up goals in the third quarter, but the Fighting Tigers snapped their drought. After being held off the board for nearly 36 minutes, SUNY Cobleskill scored three goals in the final two minutes of the third quarter to cut the Keuka lead to 9-4.
The Wolves responded in the fourth with three goals to reestablish a comfortable lead. The two teams would alternate goals, but in the end, Keuka College defeated SUNY Cobleskill 15-6.
- Keuka College remains a perfect 12-0 in their 21 meetings with SUNY Cobleskill
- The Wolves had a 55-32 advantage in shots and 42-24 advantage in groundballs on Saturday
- Keuka took advantage of extra-man opportunities to seal the game, scoring man-up goals on four of SUNY Cobleskill's eight second-half penalties
- Cody Nitzke played in his 50th career game with style. The senior set a new career-high with 11 groundballs, moving to tenth on the career groundballs list at Keuka College
- Mark Shattuck had three assists for the Wolves. Shattuck moved to ninth on the career list with 58 assists
- Chris Bellanca added three assists to his five goals for a career-best eight points
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold return to the road for their next three games. The stretch begins this Wednesday as Keuka College travels to Aurora, N.Y. to face Wells College. Opening faceoff between the Wolves and the Express is set for 4pm.