KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Lacrosse team had a strong open to the 2019 season, defeated Alfred State 17-5 on Friday Night at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
Keuka College (1-0) was led by sophomore Kasey Gallina with four goals and a pair of assists. Freshman Connor Cupp had a seven-point game with three goals and four assists in his collegiate debut for the Wovles.
Keuka College 17 vs. Alfred State 5
The Wolves got on the board first with a tally by Gallina 1:30 into the contest. The offenses would stall for both teams at the two goalies totaled eight saves in the quarter. Alfred State tied the game, but Keuka scored a pair of goals in the final two minutes to lead 3-1 after one.
The two goals at the end of the first sparked a rally for the Green and Gold. Keuka College would go on to score ten straight goals in the second quarter to put the game out of reach. The Pioneers got one right before half, but the Wolves led 13-2 at the break.
Keuka opened the scoring in the third as Gallina found Cupp for the goal. Alfred State scored a pair and kept the Keuka offense at bay with 10 saves in the quarter. Gallina netted his fourth of the game with 15 seconds left in the third as the Wolves carried a 15-4 lead to the final quarter.
- The Wolves remained undefeated against Alfred State in the five all-time meetings
- Keuka College and Alfred State have met in each of the last four season-opening games
- The Wolves have won six straight home openers at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex
- Four goals and six points by Gallina are new career-highs for the sophomore
- 58 shots by the Wolves tied for the ninth most in a game in program history
- Mark Shattuck scored a pair of goals and added two assists
- Nikoli Biljanoski made seven saves in goal for the win. The junior also recorded his first career assist on a second quarter goal by Harold Pallone
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold will return to action on the road next weekend as they face Elmira College. Keuka College has won five straight against the Soaring Eagles, including an 18-2 victory last season.