HOUGHTON, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Lacrosse team defeated Houghton College 21-8 on a rainy Thursday night at Houghton College.
Keuka College 21 at Houghton College 8
The Wolves jumped out to a 6-0 lead on the Highlanders as Craig Gerhardt and Kasey Olsen each scored a pair of goals during the run. Houghton snapped it with a goal at 3:05, but Andrew Burns scored 13 seconds later as the Wolves led 7-1 after the first.
Much like the first, Keuka opened the second quarter on a run. This time it was five straight goals to build a 12-1 advantage. Houghton scored the last two goals of the half, but Keuka led 12-3 at the break.
Keuka College remained in control in the second half. After the Highlanders made it 12-4, Keuka scored four straight. Following a Houghton goal, Jon Salotti scored in the final minute to send the game to the fourth quarter with Keuka College leading 17-5.
The Green and Gold scored the first four goals of the fourth quarter in a three-minute span. Jordan Porter-Lemon capped the scoring for the Wolves. Houghton added three goals in the frame but it was not enough as Keuka College continued onto the 21-8 victory.
- Keuka College improves to 2-0 all-time against the Highlanders. It was their first meeting since the 2013 season
- The Wolves end their non-conference slate 3-0 against teams from the Empire 8 Conference
- Keuka collected a season-high 44 groundballs on Thursday
- Dan Blaessig set a new career-high with three goals in the game
- Jon Salotti scored the first two goals of his collegiate career
- Freshman defender Ryan Bates collected a career-best five groundballs against the Highlanders
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves return to action on Wednesday, April 4 as they open North Eastern Athletic Conference play at Medaille College. Keuka College is 21-2 all-time against Medaille and has won the last nine meetings with the Mavericks.