KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Lacrosse team fell at home on Saturday to the College at Brockport by the score of 11-6 at the Jephson Community Athletic Complex.
College at Brockport 11 at Keuka College 6
Kasey Gallina got Keuka College on the board first as he was set up for the goal by Mark Shattuck. Brockport tied it up on the man-up and netted a pair of goals in the final four minutes of the quarter to lead 3-1 after one.
Once again, Gallina struck first for Keuka and that was followed by a Craig Gerhardt tally halfway through the first to tie the game at 3-3. The Golden Eagles scored three unanswered in the final 4:34 to lead 6-3 at the break.
Brockport's run was stretched to five unanswered goals in the third. Garrett Stonewell snapped the run with a goal with a minute left in the third, but Brockport led 8-4 going to the final quarter.
The Golden Eagles scored the first three goals of the fourth quarter to push their lead to 11-4. The Green and Gold got two back in the final minutes but it was not enough as Keuka College fell to Brockport 11-6.
- Keuka College is now 5-10 all-time against the College at Brockport
- The Wolves have lost four straight to the Golden Eagles
- Brockport outshot Keuka College 41-16 on Saturday
- Possession was key as the Golden Eagles were 12-20 at the faceoff spot and had a 43-28 advantage in ground balls
- Ryan Mavretish's 14 saves was the most he had in a game since a 14-save performance on April 8 at Cazenovia last season.
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves have time to prepare for their next opponent, Utica College. Keuka College will host Utica on Wednesday, March 21 at 4pm. The Pioneers defeated the Wolves 11-9 last season in Utica and old a 5-3 advantage all-time.