Gerhardt finished the day with eight total points while Burns finished with seven for Keuka College (3-3, 1-0 NEAC). Matt Mahalick and Mark Shattuck also had multi-goal games, but their impact was felt in facilitating the offense. Shattuck finished with five assists and Mahalick locked up possession for the Wolves by winning 14 faceoffs.
Keuka College 16 at SUNY Poly 6
The Wolves got out to a fast lead with Burns scoring a pair of goals 39 seconds apart, giving Keuka College a 2-0 advantage. The Wildcats scored the final goal of the first quarter and first two of the second to take a 4-3 lead, but the Wolves responded. Keuka College scored the final four goals of the half to go into halftime leading 7-4. Gerhardt scored on the man-up to open the third as Keuka College scored five unanswered goals. The Wolves led 11-6 going into the final quarter. The fourth was all Keuka College as the Wolves outscored the Wildcats 5-0 in the frame, continuing onto the 16-6 victory.
Grabbing the Grounders: Keuka College had a +13 advantage in groundballs over the Wildcats, collecting 42 to SUNY Poly's 29. The loose balls have been key to the success of the Green and Gold this season. Keuka has averaged 47.3 groundballs in their three wins this season and just 26 in their three losses.
- The Wolves improve to 10-1 against the Wildcats. SUNY Poly won the first meeting in 1999 but Keuka College has won every meeting since
- Keuka is a perfect 6-0 against the Wildcats in NEAC games and 4-0 playing at SUNY Poly
- Saturday was a career-day for Craig Gerhardt. The freshman set new career-highs in goals (5), assists (3), points (8), and groundballs (4)
- Fellow freshman Mark Shattuck set a new career best with five assists and seven total points
- Matt Mahalick collected a team-high 13 groundballs. It was the most by a Keuka College player this season and tied for the fourth most in a game in Keuka College history
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves return home to the Jephson Community Athletic Complex on Wednesday, April 5 to host Medaille College at 4pm. The Wolves hold a 20-2 record overall and have won eight straight games with the Mavericks after defeating them 16-2 last season in Buffalo.