PITTSFORD, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Golf team closed their fall season over the weekend, competing in the 2019 Nazareth College Invitational.
The two-round tournament began at Monroe Golf Club and closed at Irondequoit Country Club. The Wolves shot a 358 as a team at Monroe and followed it with a 383 at Irondequoit. Their +165 scored of 741 placed Keuka seventh of eight teams.
Nazareth College Invitational – Par 72 (both rounds)
Lead Wolf: Sophomore Ryan Murrelle opened with an 82 on Saturday. He came back with an 84 on Sunday despite posting a birdie and an eagle on the card. His total score of 166, +22, tied him for 27th on the weekend.
Rest of the Pack: 32. Clayton Chandler – 77-100—177, +33
t34. Greg Palermo – 93-87—180, +36
38. Colin Mix – 106-112—218, +74
- It was a weekend of firsts for Keuka College as it was the first time the Wolves ever competed at the Nazareth Invitational. It was also the first time in program history that Keuka College has ever played at Monroe Golf Club or Irondequoit Country Club.
- The 77 in round one for Clayton Chandler was a career-low for the junior
- Sunday was also the 26th round of the career for Chandler, passing Tyler Hoosier for eighth all-time
- Colin Mix set a new personal-best finish, coming in 38th place, in the first two-round tournament of his career
Up Next for Keuka College: The fall season is closed for the Wolves. The will return to action in April, preparing for the 2020 North Eastern Athletic Conference Championship.