MORRISVILLE, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team lost on Wednesday at Morrisville State 83-76 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division game.
Ryder Mansfield led Keuka College (7-6, 4-2 NEAC) with a double-double. The senior finished with 22 points and 11 rebounds for the Wolves. David Oliveras and Trevor Powell each added 14 points in the loss.
Morrisville State 83 vs. Keuka College 76
Ryder Mansfield opened the scoring for the Wolves with just his third three-pointer of the season. The triple sparked an early 7-0 run for the Wolves as they held an early advantage over the Mustangs. In total, Mansfield scored 12 of the first 16 points for Keuka College. The Mustangs kept the game within reach, cutting the margin down to three, 21-18, with 11 minutes left in the half, but Mansfield continued his hot shooting with his third three of the game to widen the margin. Achraf Sadouk followed that with five straight as the Keuka lead was back to double-digits at 29-18 with nine minutes left in the first. The Wolves would carry a 15-point lead into the break, leading Morrisville State 47-32 at halftime.
The Wolves maintained a double-digit lead for the first five minutes of the second half, but the Mustangs would go on a run. Morrisville State scored nine unanswered points to make it a four-point game. Morrisville would later cut it to one at 60-59, but Keuka scored eight straight to reestablish their lead. The home team would not go away. A three with three minutes left gave Morrisville a 72-71 lead. It would be a lead they would not surrender as Morrisville State made their free throws down the stretch to defeat Keuka College 83-76.
- Keuka College falls to 8-12 all-time against Morrisville State in men's basketball
- The Wolves are 3-7 on the road against the Mustangs
- Ryder Mansfield set a new career-high with three three-pointers
- Overall, both teams made 10 threes in the game. The difference was from the free throw line where the Mustangs outscored the Wolves 17-6
- Morrisville was 17-19 (89.4%) from the free throw line on Wednesday. It set a new record for best opponent free throw percentage. The previous record was from February 1987 when Houghton College went 31-35 (88.5%) from the charity stripe
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will face the Fighting Tigers of SUNY Cobleskill on Saturday afternoon in Cobleskill. Keuka College and SUNY Cobleskill split the season series last year with the road team winning both times.