ALFRED, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball was defeated on the road on Tuesday 65-56 at Alfred University in a non-conference matchup.
Alfred University 65 vs. Keuka College 56
The Wolves held an early lead against the Saxons, but the hosts responded with nine unanswered over two minutes of play to take an 11-6 lead. Keuka College responded with four straight, but the Saxons started to extend their lead. A layup with three minutes left gave Alfred a 10-point lead at 28-18. The Wolves cut into the lead, but Alfred made a jumper at the buzzer to lead at halftime 32-24.
Alfred University took a 15-point lead minutes into the second half. That lead would be extended to a game-high 26 points, 63-37, with nine minutes left in the game. Keuka College fought until the end. A layup by Alfred with 6:57 gave the Saxons a 65-40 lead, but would be the final points of the game for Alfred. Keuka College scored the final 16 points in the game, but it was not enough as the Wolves fell to the host Saxons 65-56.
- Keuka College falls to 7-12 all-time against Alfred
- The Saxons have won the last six games against the Wolves
- Trevor Powell went 8-9 from the free throw line on Tuesday. He now has 216 free throws made in his career, passing Judd Leonhardt for eighth all-time
- James Barnes added a career-high seven assists to his six rebounds and six points on Tuesday
- Isaiah Thousand set a new career-high with four steals against the Saxons
Up Next for Keuka College: The Green and Gold will close out 2018 with a road North Eastern Athletic Conference game at Wells College on Thursday. Keuka College swept the season series against the Express last year, but Wells holds the all-time series advantage 15-6.