ELMIRA, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team lost on the road on Wednesday at Elmira by the score of 88-81.
Keuka College (3-2) had a balanced offensive effort with five Wolves scoring in double figures. Trevor Powell led the offensive efforts with 18 points. Freshman Achraf Sadouk (Williamsburg, Va. / Bruton) scored a career-high 16 points while Ryder Mansfield added 14. Rounding out the top scorers for the Wolves was David Oliveras and James Barnes, scoring 11 and 10 points respectively.
Elmira College 88 vs. Keuka College 81
The first six shot attempts of the night for Elmira College were threes as the Soaring Eagles took an early lead over the Wolves. The Green and Gold tied the game back at 13-13 as Achraf Sadouk made a pair of free throws. The Wolves later took a lead midway through the half as senior Matt Bolton converted a three-point play. Keuka College would extend their lead late in the half and carry a 40-31 lead into halftime.
Following a David Oliveras steal, Ryder Mansfield laid the ball in on the fast break minutes into the second half to give Keuka College a 49-34 lead. The 15-point margin would be the Wolves' largest lead of the game. The Soaring Eagles started to chip into the lead with the three-point shot. Overall in the second half, Elmira went 11-19 from deep. A three-pointer midway through the half gave the Soaring Eagles a 58-57 lead. After a Wolves basket, Elmira answered right away with another three. Elmira built a nine-point lead with four minutes left and held on as they defeated Keuka College 88-81 on Wednesday.
- The Wolves had their two-game winning streak snapped against Elmira. Overall, Keuka is 9-17 against the Soaring Eagles and 2-11 on their home floor
- Elmira College outscored Keuka College 51-6 from three-point territory on Wednesday
- The 43 three-point attempts by Elmira tied the record for the most ever against Keuka College, set earlier this season by Emory
- Both James Barnes and Trevor Powell recorded double-doubles, adding 12 and 10 rebounds to their scoring totals
- It was the first career double-double for Barnes
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves now prepare for conference play as they open their 2018-19 North Eastern Athletic Conference schedule on Saturday at Cazenovia College. The two teams split the season series last season, with the road team winning in each game.