SALEM, Va. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team lost to #18 ranked Emory University 109-73 on Saturday in the championship game of the Dick Leftwich Tip-Off Tournament at Roanoke College.
Keuka College (2-1) was led by James Barnes with a career-high 20 points. Senior Trevor Powell recorded the seventh double-double of his career with 17 points and 10 rebounds while Ryder Mansfield added 14 points and nine boards for the Wolves.
#18 Emory University 109 vs. Keuka College 73
The Eagles came out fast, knocking down a three just four seconds into the game. It would be a sign of things to come for Emory. They made 12 three-pointers in the half and carried a 63-40 lead into halftime.
Emory continued to shoot the ball in the second half. The Wolves were unable to cut the margin less than 20 points in the second half as they would fall to nationally-ranked Emory 109-73.
- Saturday was the first ever meeting between the two schools
- The Wolves are now 3-11 all-time against ranked opponents
- James Barnes and Trevor Powell were named to the All-Tournament Team
- Powell went 10-10 from the free throw line. It is the second time in his career that he has gone perfect from the line with at least eight attempts
- Trevor Powell also surpassed 700 career points on Saturday
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will return to Keuka College and the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center on Tuesday evening for their home-opener. The Green and Gold will welcome Hilbert College to David M. Sweet Court with a 7pm tipoff.