MORRISVILLE, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team lost on the road on Wednesday night by the score of 78-65 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference North Division matchup.
Keuka College (7-9 overall, 5-4 NEAC) was led by senior Greg Tyler with 17 points. He was one of five Wolves to score in double-figures. Sam Brown finished with 12 points and Cliff Stevens added 11. Dylan Doupe and David Oliveras rounded out the double-digit scorers with 10 apiece.
Morrisville State 78 vs. Keuka College 65
Keuka College used the three-point shot to take an early lead over the Mustangs. The Wolves knocked down three triples in the opening six minutes to take a 9-7 lead. The Wolves maintained the lead for the first part of the opening half. However, the Mustangs came back. Following a Cliff Stevens three to tie the game at 25-25, Morrisville State scored seven straight to build an advantage. Keuka did not like the Mustangs run away. The Wolves were 5-9 from three-point range in the half and shot 80% from the free throw line. At the half, Morrisville State held just a seven-point lead, 42-35.
The Green and Gold scored the first five points of the second half as they attempted to mount a comeback. The Mustangs responded though and pushed the lead out to double-digits. Morrisville State led 60-45 with nine minutes left to play. Once again, Keuka began a comeback. Back-to-back threes by Greg Tyler cut the lead down to single digits with eight minutes left. The Wolves would be unable to cut into the any further as Morrisville State continued onto the 78-65 victory.
- Keuka College and Morrisville State split their season series this year. Overall, the Mustangs hold an 11-8 advantage all-time
- It was the first game since November that Keuka College had five players score at least 10 points
- Trevor Powell led the Wolves with 10 rebounds. It was his third game this season with 10+ boards
- Cliff Stevens finished with nine rebounds, giving him 479 in his career. He passes Kyle Bower '92 for seventh on the Keuka College career list
- Greg Tyler now has 212 points in his senior season, setting a new career-high
- Tyler also passed Diamond Booker '11 for sixth place on the Keuka College career free throws list with 219 made
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves will face NEAC North rival Cazenovia for the first time this season on Saturday. The Green and Gold and the Wildcats will tipoff at 1pm in Cazenovia. It will be the 48th meeting all-time between the Wolves and the Wildcats with Keuka College holding a 26-21 advantage.