KEUKA PARK, N.Y. — The Keuka College Men's Basketball team lost on Tuesday night at the JMW Recreation and Athletics Center by the score of 72-55 in a non-conference matchup.
Keuka College (3-5, 1-1 NEAC) was led by senior Greg Tyler with 11 points. Tyler also had four assists in the game. Ryder Mansfield had nine points and eight rebounds. Trevor Powell led Keuka with nine rebounds in the loss.
Alfred University 72 at Keuka College 55
Alfred University got out to an early 7-0 lead over the Green and Gold on Tuesday evening. The lead for the Saxons would grow to double-digits halfway through the first behind their three-point shooting. Alfred was 7-17 in the half from three while Keuka was 0-7. Alfred University led Keuka College 35-20 at the half.
The Saxons came out in the second half and grew their lead to 19 points at 43-24 with 16:39 left to play. However, the Wolves would not go away. A 7-0 run for the Wolves narrowed the gap to 12 points. The lead would sink to single-digits following a jumper by Sam Brown halfway through the second. Alfred responded with a three but Brown answered right back with a three of his own. Keuka would get the margin down to seven points with seven minutes left to play, but that would be as close as Keuka College would make it. Alfred University held off the Wolves comeback and continued onto the 72-55 victory.
- Keuka College is now 7-11 all-time against Alfred University
- The Saxons have defeated the Wolves in five straight meetings
- The loss was the first of the season for Keuka College on their home floor
- The deep ball was key in Tuesday's game. Alfred outscored Keuka 45-9 from three-point territory
- Greg Tyler now has 151 career assists
- Tyler also moves into a tie for ninth place on the career free throw list with 195 made
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves play their last two games of the fall semester on the road before their winter break. The Green and Gold will travel to Wells College on Thursday night and then play at SUNY Cobleskill on Saturday afternoon.