BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Keuka College Field Hockey team scored a school-record eight goals in an 8-2 victory at Bryn Athyn College on Saturday.
Shelby Lamb scored the first hat trick in Keuka College (2-5, 1-0 NEAC) history. Freshman Hannah Moon also had a multi-goal game for the Wolves, scoring a pair. Also scoring for the Green and Gold was Nicole Wilson, Alyssa Orsino, and Taylor Lessard.
Keuka College 8 at Bryn Athyn College 2
Keuka College scored early on Saturday as Shelby Lamb hit home a rebound for the 1-0 lead eight minutes into the game. Both teams settled into the game, but the Wolves would strike again. Rielly Albee let a shot go in the center of the field. Her attempt was saved but Hannah Moon scored on the rebound to make it 2-1. After a Lions goal, Keuka College reestablished their two-goal lead when Shelby Lamb took a pass from Alysa Maddaleno and tapped it on the post for the 3-1 lead.
The scoring continued for Keuka College as the Wolves scored three goals in under six minutes in the second half. The run started with Hannah Moon's second of the game. Then Alyssa Orsino found Taylor Lessard with a pass and Lessard scored to make it 5-1. Freshman Nicole Wilson got in on the scoring as she took the ball through the Lions defense and snuck her shot inside the left post. Shelby Lamb completed the hat trick in the 52nd minute and Keuka College's career scoring leader Alyssa Orsino scored her first goal of the season as the Wolves continued onto the 8-2 victory.
- Saturday was the first meeting between the Lions and the Wolves
- Keuka College broke every offensive program record including goals in a game, assists in a game, total points, shots, shots on goal, and margin of victory
- The three goals by Shelby Lamb set a new single-game record
- Through seven games, Keuka College has already outscored the season totals from the 2015 and 2016 seasons
- With Alyssa Orsino's assist, she now sets a new single season assists record for the Wolves
- Hannah Moon scored her first career goal as a part of her two-goal game
Coming up for Keuka College: The Wolves remain on the road on Wednesday, travelling to SUNY Geneseo to face the Knights. SUNY Geneseo defeated Keuka College 4-0 last season.