COBLESKILL, N.Y. — The Keuka College Baseball team opened the 2019 North Eastern Athletic Conference schedule with a 12-4 win on the road at SUNY Cobleskill on Friday.
Keuka College (4-9, 1-0 NEAC) was led at the plate by Dan Bamann and Tyler Freedman with three hits apiece. Daniel Steve earned with win on the mound while Tyler Key got his second save of the season.
Keuka College 12 at SUNY Cobleskill 4
The Fighting Tigers took a 3-0 lead right away in the first inning, but the Wolves settled into the action and quickly tied the game back up in the second. Anthony Mashewske walked to lead off the inning and then advanced on a Tyler Freedman single. Both scored as Tyler Broderick delivered a double to make it 3-2. Brooks Vertoske later tied the game at 3-3, scoring Broderick on an RBI single.
The game would remain tied until the fifth when Keuka took advantage of a Cobleskill wild pitch to take a 4-3 lead. Dan Bamann added to the lead in the top of the sixth with an RBI double, but the home team answered with a solo home run in the bottom of the inning to cut the Keuka lead to 5-4.
Keuka College added insurance runs in the later innings. Dan Bamann added to his RBI count as the senior drove in two runs on a single in the eighth inning. Keuka tacked on five runs in the ninth on an RBI hits by Tyler Freedman, Nick Brown, Brooks Vertoske, and Tyler Krowiak as the Wolves defeated the Fighting Tigers 12-4.
- Keuka won its third straight game against SUNY Cobleskill and are 6-3 overall against the Fighting Tigers
- Friday was the most runs scored by Keuka against SUNY Cobleskill in the nine-game series
- Dan Bamann became the ninth player in program history to have 100 career hits
- Two of Bamann's three hits were doubles on Friday. He moved into a tie for third in the Keuka College Record Book with 25 career doubles
- Bamann also drove in three runs, giving him 60 career RBIs, eighth best in program history
- Daniel Steve allowed four runs, two earned, while striking out three over 6.2 innings to earn his second win of the season
- Tyler Key picked up his second save, allowing just one hit over the final 2.1 innings
Up Next for Keuka College: The Wolves and Fighting Tigers will continue their series on Saturday. First pitch of the NEAC doubleheader from SUNY Cobleskill is set for 12pm.