ROCHESTER, N.Y. — The Keuka College Baseball team lost on Monday to Medaille College 13-4 in a non-conference game at Monroe Community College in Rochester, N.Y.
Keuka College (5-8) was led by Anthony Mashewske with three hits on the day. Sean Sheets added a pair of hits for the Wolves. Tyler Broderick tripled and Connor Siracusa doubled for Keuka in the loss.
Medaille College 13 vs. Keuka College 4
Medaille College struck first on Monday with a pair of runs in the first and three more in the second of an early lead. The Mavericks added to their lead with four runs in the third before the Wolves got on the board.
Tyler Broderick led the bottom of the third off with a triple over the centerfielder's head. He later scored on an RBI single by Dakota Skinner. Later in the inning, an RBI single by Sean Sheets plated Skinner to make it 9-2 Medaille.
The Mavericks answered with a run in the top of the fourth and three more insurance runs in the fifth. Keuka scored two runs in the bottom of the eighth but it was not enough as they fell to Medaille 13-4.
- Keuka College is now 19-9 all-time against Medaille College
- The loss snapped a three-game winning streak against the Mavericks
- The Wolves committed nine errors in the game, second most in school history
- Mashewske's three-hit game set a new career-high
- The relief combo of Wyatt Conklin, K.C. Howe, Dan Steve, and Bryan Johnsen combined for 4.1 innings of one-hit work on the mound
Up Next for Keuka College: The rough spring weather has changed the schedule for the Wolves. Keuka College will play Wells College and Cazenovia College this weekend as planned, but both doubleheaders will be played at Wells College.