The Wolf Leadership Academy is a leadership and team captain workshop series, designed to complement classroom learning and prepare freshman and sophomore student-athletes to better serve and lead their teams. The program is a comprehensive leadership development program that aims to:
- Identify and develop emerging leaders on athletic teams
- Build a strong peer support network for aspiring leaders
- Develop young student-athletes who support and learn from current team captains/leaders
- Provide students with highly marketable leadership skills for a lifetime of success
- Establish a strong and cooperative partnership with the coaching staff and athletic administration
Student-athletes involved in the Leadership Academy can expect to go through a series of workshops and lectures on topics related to leadership styles, conflict management/resolution, self and social awareness, and goal setting and assessment. Select graduates of the Leadership Academy will be invited to represent their team on the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC).